This morning, I was at the Air Canada A220 Open House Event at the Air Canada Headquarter here in Montreal, Quebec. During this event, the media got to meet with the Air Canada executives, pilots, engineering design team, the flight attendants and the people who work on this new aircraft.
In this MoVernie BLOG, let me share some of the fun facts with you about this new aircraft Airbus A220.
- Air Canada ordered the aircraft in 2016 when it was then known as the Bombardier C Series.
- First delivery: December 20, 2019
- First revenue flight: January 16, 2020 from Montreal to Calgary
- First dedicated routes: Montreal to Seattle and Toronto to San Jose, starting on May 4, 2020
- Number of aircraft ordered: 45 (with options for 30 more)
- Air Canada’s Airbus A220-300s will be built at Airbus Canada’s facility in Mirabel, Quebec. (Made in Canada)
- Air Canada will be the first Airbus A220 operator in Canada and second in North America
- This Airbus A220 has a two-class cabin layout (Business & Economy): 12 in a 2×2 configuration in the Business Class and 125 in a 3×2 layout for the Economy passengers.
- It carries 137 passengers
- Every business class seat has access to either a window or aisle
- Bigger overhead bins
- Offers widest economy seats at 19″
- Full-colour LED ambient lighting
- High ceilings and extra shoulder room
- Every seat has a Panasonic in-flight entertainment system