A few weeks ago, I was invited to my good friends’ house party. Their house is located in Kitchener, Ontario. A bunch of us were heading from the city of Toronto to visit them. They mentioned to us that there was something that we could check out as a group when we arrived at their house, which is called “Gift of Lights“.
When I heard about this Gift of Lights, I was very curious to learn more about what this attraction was all about. This attraction is located at Bingemans. That’s right, that’s the same Bingemans that has the banquet halls, mini golf courses, Boston Pizza, bowling alley. And last but not least, that’s the same venue that I covered the EDM “Ever After” Music Festival back in the summers of 2015 and 2016.
So I reached out to the PR of the Bingemans and wanted to find out more. They were very responsive and were very kind to provide me with more information so I can share with you.
What is Gift of Lights?
1. Gift of Lights is a family-friendly 2 kilometre drive-thru holiday light display featuring a 200+ foot light tunnel, over 30 full light static & animated displays!
2. Gift of Lights is perfect for everyone of all ages, including families, couples, groups and corporate events.
3. Admission for Gift of Lights is $20 for cars (that’s including minivans and SUVs), $40 for limos & $100 for buses & limo buses. (plus tax)
4. Gift of Lights supports United Way of Kitchener Waterloo & Area, Grand River Hospital Foundation, and Kids Ability Foundation.
5. Sometimes it could be a long lineup during peak hours. If you want to avoid long line ups, you can purchase a Speed Pass online at Bingemans.com for only $5 extra.
6. Hot chocolate and cider is available to purchase before you drive through. (NOTE: Definitely a great idea especially we rolled down the windows for better visibility to check out the lights, so something warm would be ideal.
Business Hours & Operations:
Gift of Lights is open from now until Saturday, January 7th, 2017.
Holiday Hours: December 8th to January 7th: Weekdays: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays: 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
(NOTE: I suggest you check out its website for the most up-to-date business hours and operations)
So….my peeps and I went and visited the Gift of Lights, courtesy from Bingemans (thank you!). I know this Gift of Lights open at 5:00 p.m. but I suggest we go a little bit later as it gets darker, the better we see the lights. There were so many festive lights to see along the trail. The best part? A day we went to the house party, it was snowing. So, when we checked out Gift of Lights, the snow really made the experience even more festive and joyful. In particular, I really enjoyed the light tunnel. I felt like we were heading into another dimension.
425 Bingemans Centre Drive
Tel: (519) 744-1555
Thank you to the Bingemans PR for your kind hospitality.
NOTE: Although the Gifts of Lights Tour is sponsored by Bingemans, as always, all reviews and opinions are entirely my own.
And MoVernie is outta here!