This is a well-known special event that show goers keep coming back every year because it exhibits a large number of food and beverage products from around the globe. This is your opportunity to sip and indulge your journey through international gourmet cuisine, exotic delicacies, a wide selections of wines, unique cocktails, fresh craft beers and so much more! The Expo offers more than 1,500 wines, beers, spirits and gourmet foods to choose from.
My MoVernie Spies were on hand this past Thursday evening at the VIP session to explore & gather food pictures for you, so that we can bring you the best & recommended food items & adventures that you sure don’t want to miss at the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo!
My spies told me the following are “Can’t Miss” items at the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo:
1) SPAM Masubi – like a giant sushi with SPAM meat wrapped with seasweed (the food we all grew up eating with a new twist)
2) Crawfish – be sure to ask the staff the proper way to eat these guys. They are not as big as lobsters but definitely have decent size to intake its fresh meat but require a good proper dexterity to get the most out of them
3) Macacorns – the colourful macarons are a MUST!
Wine & Beer:
1) My spies told me one thing. All the drinks are good. Doesn’t matter if it is beer, wine or cocktails. But they told me to ensure all of my beloved peeps to drink responsibly and make sure to bring enough $$$ if you want to taste many different kinds of drinks.
1) Ferrero Rocher Gallery – is a MUST SEE, with golden decor, holiday festivity theme dining table
2) Guinness Blonde – they said the display is beautiful, models are beautiful and the the beverage is beautiful. So…it’s a WIN-WIN!
3) The Virginia Tourism Exhibit – Did you know Virginia is referred as the “Oyster Capital of the East Coast”? Virginia is a leading east coast seafood producer and the third largest in the nation. November is Virginia Oyster month, with 7 regions and 7 different types of oysters.
If you are a foodie and love oysters as much as I do, be sure to ask the staff about the “Virginia Trail”, it’s definitely a worthwhile travel destination for your next foodie vacation. And I got some nice sounvenior at the booth. So, depending on its availability, check out the Virginia Tourism Exhibit and see if there are any good stuff left.
For me, I am sure “Virginia is for Food Lovers”! 🙂
MoVernie All-Time Bucket List: Having both of my feet dip in the shore water & pick out the biggest oyster & shuck it on the spot to intake? I was told this can be achieved in Virginia. That’s always my bucket list. Will I ever able to achieve this bucket item? I will let destiny decide my fate. LOL
4) Tasting Tutorials/Seminars sessions – If you like to meet celebrity chefs or just checking out some of the food seminars or demonstrations, make sure you check out their schedules. I know Celebrity Chef Mark McEwan is making his special appearance on November 20.
Gourmet Food & Wine Expo runs til this Sunday, November 22. So, you still have plenty of time to check out this event & fill your tummy with some nice food and wine!
Photo Credits: MoVernie Spies (Josephine & Martina)
Follow my journey on Instagram (@RealMoVernie) and Twitter (@MoVernie) for more awesome pictures and videos.
And MoVernie is outta here!