A while back, MoKenny & I was invited by Grand Mariner Canada to attend its Exclusive VIP Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge Room Event. Before I explain to you what this event was all about, I would like to say that this is my MoVernie Top 5 Event of 2017 and it speaks volume. I have attended many events throughout the year but there is nothing like it. The PR Team & Grand Marnier Canada did a marvelous job in terms of its time management, organization, the theme, the Speakeasy style, the training of the staff and the overall experience of the Cordon Room, it’s top notch and was an unforgettable evening.
Ok, so let me tell you what this Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge Room Event was all about, it’s to showcase this fine drink called Grand Marnier that was created back in 1880 and originated in France.
MoVernie Fun Fact: What is Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge?
Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge is an orange-flavored liqueur created in 1880 by Alexandre Marnier-Lapostolle. It is made from a blend of Cognac brandy, distilled essence of bitter orange, and sugar. Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge is 40% alcohol.
So, why did I think this is my MoVernie Top 5 Events in 2017? Well…this Grand Marnier Cordon Room Event was a Speakeasy style type of event. Now, in the past few years, I had been invited to numerous so-called “SpeakEasy” theme events but they were all poorly executed, they were either unorganized or just did a half-ass job. SpeakEasy is supposed to be secretive and in an underground prohibition setting, yet most other events were not exclusive, overly subscribed of attendees that it became a venue space of over thousands of people. To me, it’s too cheesy and nothing SpeakEasy about. But for Grand Mariner Canada, they did an awesome job.
Let’s go through the entire Grand Marnier SpeakEasy Journey together.
- A few weeks before the actual event, I received an invitation from Grand Marnier Canada. In the invite, it indicated that it’s a SpeakEasy sensory experience. All it had provided was the date and asked me to RSVP. So, I RSVP’ed + 1 guest, which was my bro, MoKenny (aka my manager). We don’t know the location or the time of the event. We were asked to provide our phone number as well.
- Then, I received a confirmation email that both of us are on its Exclusive VIP Guest List. In the email, they said the secret location will be located at the downtown core of Toronto. A day before the event, we will be notified with a text with a secret code and secret location and time of the event.
- A day before the actual event, we received a text with the secret location, time and a password.
- As we arrived at the door of the secret location, a bouncer was there. He asked for the secret password. We told him the password. Voila, he opened the door for us and letting us in. Walked down a small stair case, we were greeted by the friendly staff. They asked for our names to ensure we were on the guest list. Now that’s super exclusive, you have to be on the list to get in. There was no way you can crash this awesome event coz security was tight. The entrance area were nicely decorated in SpeakEasy style. Lights were dimmed. You could see bottles and bottles of Grand Marnier nicely displayed on the bar counter.
- Then, the bartender handed each of us a welcome drink. It’s a special cocktail made with Grand Marnier.
- As we were sipping on this tasty cocktail, a friendly staff greeted us from the lobby and guided us to another secret room. The room turned out to be hidden behind a curtain. Inside, more bartenders were busy making more cocktails.
- The decor, the setting, the light fixtures were what’s made this event so top notch! The atmosphere had a nice SpeakEasy mood. We saw peacock decorations, old school microphone, red lights, golden tables and chairs. It’s so glam. I literally felt like I was in Paris, France back in the 1920s.
- Staff were wearing the 1920s outfits, including the flapper dress, glam hair accessories.
- We were assigned at a table that was located literally right at the front of the performer’s stage.
- A server came over and introduced herself, she gave each of us a food & drink menu. She explained to us how it works during this 45 minute sensory experience. By the way, she and other staff were super knowledgeable with the drinks which made the experience even better.Inside the menu, there were a variety of Grand Marnier inspired drinks. You can order a Grand Marnier on the rocks or Grand Marnier inspired Specialty drinks. On the menu, you could also order some dessert to complement with the drinks. We were told we have 45 minutes of enjoying the seating, listening to live music as well as ordering the drinks and dessert.
- After the event, we were given a small little gift from Grand Marnier.
Overall, this was a very well-done event and I hope we will be invited for any future Grand Marnier event. In the past, I have perceived Grand Marnier as just a drink that is good to drink on the rocks, which it still is. But I didn’t know people can create so many variety of cocktails from Grand Marnier. So, I think this event was able to showcase to us the versatility of Grand Marnier. It’s a drink that is great for mixing with other ingredients, creating new cocktails that are great for our senses.
If you want to know more about Grand Marnier, you can click here to learn its products.
Thank you to the PR Team & Grand Marnier Canada team for having us.