The moment when I received the media release from the Canadian International Auto Show (CAIAS2018) that the world’s fastest car, Koenigsegg Agera RS will be kickstarting the 2018 Media Day, I told myself and my crew to better wake up early to be in attendance to witness this special vehicle.
And as an added bonus, the Founder and CEO Christian Von Koenigsegg was on hand to address to the host and the media about its latest creation. In the past few years, CAIAS has been doing a great job to kick start the media day with some of the debut made by well-known exotic car to excite the journalists as well as having a strong story angle for people such as myself to promote and showcase the auto show.
Last year was the debut of the super car, Aston Martin AM-RB 001 and this year is the Koenigsegg Agera RS.
Some highlights at the Q & A at the CAIAS Media Day on Koenighsegg:
- The Koenighsegg Agera RS costs about $2.5 Million dollars
- So far, they are selling, they don’t have anything to sell yet as it’s trying to keep up with the demand, they have no problem selling their cars
- They would like to expand but not too much to maintain the prestige and the workmanship of the Koenighsegg
- Currently, there are 2 Canadian buyers who had already placed their orders, awaiting the 2 Koenigsegg to arrive in Canada this summer
- The Koenighsegg Agera RS will be on display at the Auto Exotica section
MoVernie Fun Fact: Did you know that Koenigsegg is a Swedish brand and it’s made in Sweden?
Check this video out as CEO Christian Von Koenigsegg turned on the engine and let us here the sound of the exotic engine!