I was invited by Ford Canada to attend the 2015 Ford North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Digital Summit. It’s an Exclusive VIP Event where the Digital Influencers from around the world get to meet together and cover one of the largest North American Auto Shows in Detroit. I was among the lucky 21 Canadian Digital Influencers representing Canada, while the rest came from United States and around the world internationally.
It’s a 3-day Media Trip Event. First of all, let me start off with a summary of my Ford NAIAS Day-1 Itinerary so that you have a bigger picture of how my media event went.
Day 1 – Ford NAIAS Media Trip
1) Had lunch before heading to the Toronto Pearson Airport
2) Tweeting, Instagramming & Facebooking to my fellow #FordNAIAS Facebook Group before boarding
3) Bumped into one of my fellow Canadian Digital Influencers, Natalie Bell, who happened to be waiting for the same flight heading to Detroit. We took a selfie before boarding.
4) First time boarding on a propeller plane with a total of 18 passengers. Well, there is always a first time and making the best out of my travel experience 🙂
5) Landed at Detroit International Airport. A luxury full-size SUV called Ford Expedition was waiting for me (arranged by Ford) and picked me up and dropped me right at the door step of the Westin Hotel (where I stayed for the entire media trip)
6) Greeted by the friendly Ford Crew who were there to assist with our hotel accommodation, the entire media trip itinerary and other information.
7) Picked up my official Ford NAIAS name tag as well as the 2015 NAIAS Auto Show Credential.
8) Went into my hotel room and unpacked.
9) Went downstairs to grab a buffet brunch (arranged by Ford)
10) Mingled with other FordNAIAS Digital Influencers
11) Attended the Ford NAIAS Event held at the historical Piquette Plant, it was where Henry Ford built his Model T car there.
12) Cocktails, meet & mingle event took place on the 2nd floor. Q & A with the manager of the Ford Archive, Dean Weber was on hand to talk about the history of the Piquette Plant and the vision by Mr. Henry Ford.
13) Dinner being served on the 3rd floor, also home of the secret room and many classic, preserved Ford vehicles on display.
14) More Tweeting, Instagramming and Facebooking at the hotel.
15) Sleeping time.
End of Day 1 of my MoVernie Ford NAIAS Media Trip.