This week, I am On the MOVE with the 2020 Honda Civic Type R to tour around Ontario as part of my “Ontario Travel Series” segment. And new for this year is the eye catching “Boost Blue” colour and just gets everyone’s attention.
After driving this Type R for a good few days touring around Ontario, let me give you my overall product review of this ride. I will tell you what are the Pros (What I like) and Cons (What I dislike).
Profile: 2020 Honda Civic Type R
Body Type: 4 door, 4 passengers,
Trim Level: Type R
MSRP: $45,491 CDN (as listed on Honda Canada’s official website)
Engine Type: 2.0 L, 16-value, DOHC VTEC 4 cylinder turbocharged engine, 306 hp & 295 lb-ft of torque
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Fuel Consumption: Hwy 8.3L/100 KM (28 mpg), City 10.6L/100 KM (22 mpg)
Despite this pandemic we have been experiencing throughout the 2020 year, I was still lucky enough to test drove quite a number of media fleets from a number of automotive brands. However, 1 particular vehicle stood out from the rest and I really enjoyed my time with it. And that vehicle was the 2020 Honda Civic Type R in its newest colour in Boost Blue.
I luv everything this Type R has to bring to the table. It has everything that I like about it. The Type R is a total package. From the exterior looks to the interior design. The Boost Blue definitely is an eye candy. It stands out from the crowd, you can’t hide anywhere, it looks sharp. The big ass spoiler also added the racing feel of the overall exterior design. It’s a show stopper and everywhere I am On the MOVE, people will admire and stare at it.
MoVernie FUN FACT: Everywhere I drove this Type R, people will be super polite and let me go ahead of them first, coz they want to admire the Type R by driving behind us. It’s crazy!
Furthermore, the Type R has the performance to back it up. It sounds good, the exhaust sound could be louder (but it still sounds nice). It looks good from all angles, I luv the edges, the angles, the lines, every perspective is perfect in my own opinion. I luv the big ass spoiler. It looks good and surprisingly, the designer did a great job of placing the spoiler that wrapped around the rear window and doesn’t create any obstruction to your driving visibility.
Under the hood is a 2.0L turbo charged engine that pumps out a whopping 306 hp of fun and 295 lbs-ft of torque. So, it has great power, acceleration, performance and it’s super fun to drive.
Now, let’s talk about the interior. I luv the red stitching on the steering wheel, on the side panels and those Alcantara racing seats are comfy, it wraps around your body and keeping your body intact when you make a big turn at a tight corner. It’s super spacious for the front and at the back. I really think this car is very practical and you don’t need to compromise with it. You can go on with your everyday lives and in fact, if you have kids, you can still drive this vehicle. That’s what I like about this ride!
Pros (What I like):
– Eye Catching Exterior: I luv the overall exterior design of this Type R. It looks sporty and aggressive from all angles, including the big ass spoiler at the rear. If you want a show stopper and have the performance to back it up, this is it. Luv the rims.
– Sporty Interior: Sporty racing inspired Alcantara sports seats. Nice and comfy and it wraps around your body very well when you are going for a tight corner spin.
– Performance: A very responsive engine, pumps out 306 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. Very powerful engine, great take off, great acceleration and it’s fun to drive.
– Great Brakes: Very responsive Brembo brakes to put this powerful vehicle at a quick stop.
– Phone Charger: The phone charging platform is a nice touch especially for people such as myself as I need to use my phone often
– Very Practical: There aren’t many vehicles out there in the market that looks good, have great performance, show stopper, have a spacious cabin, nice trunk space and be able to fit in your everyday lives without compromise. And I think this Type R can achieve that.
Cons (What I Dislike):
– I honestly really have nothing that I dislike from this Type R. It has everything that I want for a sports car. It has an aggressive looking ride. Type R is so fast, one of the few cars in the market that I wouldn’t mind trading my car to get a Type R.
– I think the only think I dislike about this Type R is its limited quantity available to sell to the public. Every year, I noticed it sells out fast coz it has a low volume of Type R allocation to each country. I know Honda wants to keep the Type R prestige and in high demand, thus, they decide to only produce a low numbers of new Type R annually but it’s definitely hard to get.
– Instead of having so many fake vents all over the car, it would be nice to have some of them actually being functional
– Would prefer the hood scoop to be functional. Instead, it’s just a hood for show and tell and that’s about it. If hood scoop can be functional, that would be icing on the cake.
Overall, I really like this 2020 Honda Civic Type R. It’s a great car! It is in a league of its own and there aren’t any cars out there like this one. It’s practical, stylish and looks and feels amazing inside and out. The best part, you pretty much don’t have to modify anything with this car. It’s just ready to roll.
This is the ONLY vehicle that makes me want to trade in my car for this ride. Type R is this damn good!
I would luv to test drive this Honda Type R every single year even if it doesn’t have any major changes to it coz I just luv the way it drives and I will not get bore.
The 2020 Honda Civic Type R was provided by Honda Canada. However, as always, the opinions expressed in this post is entirely my own.